Dr. Michael Lawson Swank
Hip & Knee Surgeon
Dr. Michael Swank is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with Beacon Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine who specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery. After completing medicine as well as his residency from Northwestern University in Chicago. IL, he went on to receive fellowships in both Adult Reconstructive Surgery and Reconstructive Spinal Surgery.
Dr. Swank is a pioneer in minimally-invasive computer and robotic assisted hip and knee surgery. He is appointed President and Medical Director of Cincinnati Orthopaedic Research Institute as well as Medical Director of Beacon Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
He has been honored as a Health Care Hero for Innovation by the Cincinnati Business Courier, Top Doctor with Cincy magazine for multiple years the most recent being 2022, and as a Healthcare Award Winner by Venue magazine.
1983 - 1987
B. S., English and Psychology
Washington, D. C.
1979 - 1983
Honors College Preparatory
Saint Xavier University
1975 – 1979
Department of Orthopedics
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery
Chester Sutterlin, M.D.
Florida Fellowship in Reconstructive Spinal Surgery
Adult Reconstructive Surgery
Charles Engh, M.D.
Anderson Orthopaedic Institute
Beacon Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
500 E Business Way, Sharonville, OH 45241
2019 - Present
Reconstructive Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Inc.
8099 Cornell Rd.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45249
Freiberg Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine
Cincinnati, OH 45245
1994 – 2009
State Medical License
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: 1996
American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
American Medical Association
President and Medical Director of Cincinnati Orthopaedic Research Institute
Medical Director of Beacon Orthopaedics Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Cincinnati Top Doctors 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023: www.cincinnatimagazine.com/topdocs
- Health Care Hero for Innovation by the Cincinnati Business Courier
- Healthcare Award Winner by Venue Magazine
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Business Courier, Health Care Heroes: Innovator of the Year award winner 2008
- Top MD, Consumers Checkbook
- Best Clinical Poster CAOS International 2006 "Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery With Ligament Balancing Technique Using An Internal Tension meter Lowers Manipulation Rate in Total Knee Replacement" M. Swank, L.Korbee
Click the links below to find out more.
- Research Grants
- Oral Presentations